Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Six months?

     Wow!  It's six months ago that I started this blog, but I haven't been blogging very much since then.  However, this blog is about photography so the good news is that I have been shooting.  Shooting as in shooting pictures.  I've been photographing kids, babies, their moms, and brothers & sisters who are graduating from high school.  I've also been clicking the shutter on birds and beaches up on the U.P.  Some of those pictures have been added to my web page, blainepaulphoto.com.  Please check them out!
     If you'd like you or your family to be pictured on holiday cards, this is the time to pose for me out in the falling leaves of October or the "in between" time in November.  I love this time of year for the way color is reflected in the golden light of autumn.  This is a recent view out my window of our cabin up North.



     The  thing about the bright colors of fall is that they don't last.  That is true of most things in our lives:  good or bad, happy or sad, time marches on and today is replaced by tomorrow.  Photography, like some other forms of art,  allows us to be reminded and to remember what is happening at one specific slice of time.  The beautiful changing of the seasons is just one example of what I love to capture with my camera.
     Light is continuously being reflected on fleeting slices of time.  My camera doesn't speed things up or even slow things down.   What it can do, though, is to freeze important moments in time, to help remind us what things looked like at a day in the life.  For example, my camera can remind us of the year when your high-schooler approaches graduation or when a child passes milestones in life:  birth, one week, six months. You get the idea.  I get the idea.  That's why I love what I do.
     So enjoy what's left of October 2014 and I'll try to check in more often on this blog thing I've started.




No comments:

Post a Comment