Thursday, April 24, 2014

Photo Hibernation

     It's nearly May and I'm still in Outdoor Photography Hibernation.  April in this part of the U.S. can often be characterized as part of the Mud Season.  No outdoor friends I have like the mud season because it is just so drab and ... boring.  This year mud season is lasting longer than usual but finally I'm seeing some color start to emerge from below and above.  The first daffodils are popping up, the goldfinches are putting on their pastel jackets.  This morning I noticed for the first time that the salmon-pink buds of the big maple on the edge of the back garden are adding color to the emerging spring. What's missing?
     Looking at the metadata from warblers the past few years tells me that they should be here or at least on their way by now but no one wants to be the first to the party this year.  I should be preparing gear if I want to catch their arrival.  I have a new bit of gear to test on the birds of spring, a Cam-Ranger.  It helps photographers to use our cameras on remote by linking the view of a digital camera to a remote (like inside or up to 100 feet removed from the scene) computer or tablet.  Supposedly, it allows zoom, aperture, shutter-speed and focus to be controlled off-site.  If my description sounds tentative, that's because I've had it for months and haven't yet learned to use it.  So why am I blogging instead of learning and gearing up?  Good  question. Guess I should post this and start tending to color capture preparation.

  Later,  BP

No comments:

Post a Comment